Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September Color

September and October are my favorite months of the year.  I feel like the fall season causes me to reflect upon the majesty of the Creator everytime I look outside.  The vibrant colors, the softer lighting, the crisp coolness in the air, and the amazing scent of the autum season remind me that I am part of something so big and beautiful.  It is as if I get a colorful glimpse of just how perfect it all will be someday.

Every fall we try to take several drives to the nearby canyons to enjoy this gift with our boys.  We pick a few spots to stop, get out of the car and just wander for a while.  Last night was our first journey into the colored hills and it was one to remember.  It all felt like a dream. 

 
We tried multiple times to get good smiles from everyone, this is the best we could do.  Notice Carson, this is his version of a "nice, soft smile".  As you can imagine, the boys LOVE to roam free and collect leaves of every shape, size and color.  They excitedly shout out to Tommy and I about every other minute to "look at this!".  We love it as much as they do, how could we not.
 
 
Baby Hunter mostly slept through his first trip to the autum leaves but we did get him out of the car for a few snap shots, what a delicious baby he is!! 
 
 
Tommy and I met in the summer of 2000 but our courtship and the dates we remember most were during the fall season.  We spent a lot of time enjoying the colors that first fall together and it is something we will enjoy forever. 
 
 
Sheesh, pictures just don't ever do justice do they.  We wandered back into this amazing grove where the ferns along the ground had yellowed, the maples were firey red and the pines and aspens were sprinkled throughout to perfection.   We played for an hour or so, it was like our own private little taste of heaven.
 
 
And what would heaven be without some giant stick wars, right?  We manage to find sticks, or rocks everywhere we go.  Boys will be boys.  They played battle games and let their imaginations fly in this little grove we claimed for the evening.  So cute.
 
Here's a few more pics of our beautiful drive last night.  Again, what a gift.
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the fall colors! So glad that you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely resolved to check in on your blog more often. It's fun to see cute faces. We sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete