
This week our Porter turned 5! I can't believe he is getting so big! He is a preschool attendin', bike ridin', mac 'n cheese eatin', soft jammies lovin', GI Joe playin' fool!! Porter is a very passionate child. When he makes a decision he follows through whole heartedly. This is a wonderful strength for him and a strengthening challenge for his mom!! Porter is also extremely tough. He doesn't get emotional or scared very often. In fact, last Halloween he was dressed as an Indian brave and it was very fitting. When it was time to get his 5 yr. old shots, I simply told him what was going to happen and he completely toughed it out. A very different reaction from the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth display given by his older brother (we won't mention any names) during the same event. I love his strength!

Porter was counting down to his birthday for a good 7 months this year! To say the least, he was REALLY into it! He gets super embarrassed when the attention is on him and yet he can't wait for his turn to shine! He had a great birthday filled with wonderful gifts from family and a perfect strawberry cake.

This year I told Porter we could do something "Big" for his Birthday because it is hard to do regular birthday parties in the winter months. He picked Chuck E. Cheese months ago and, as I mentioned earlier, was VERY passionate about his decision. Believe me, I made several other suggestions trying to sway him from the cheesy mouse but he wouldn't budge. And so, we booked a Birthday party with the big Chuck! Much to my surprise, I absolutely loved it!! They treated Porter like a king. He was given over 225 tokens, half of which remain a Chuck E. Cheese bank that they gave him to keep in his room. We are welcome to come back any time and play the remaining tokens. All of the games were only 1 token each so the kids were able to play and play. The pizza was a little disappointing but the kiddos loved it. Chuck E. Cheese himself made a big fuss over Porter and really made him feel like the most special guest of the evening. Overall, I was so happy for Porter to have a night to shine. As a middle child, sometimes he has a to wait a long time for that.
We love you Porter and hope your upcoming year is great. It will be a year full of big boy firsts like going to Kindergarten! Thanks for being a part of our family, happy birthday buddy!
How exciting. I'm not sure what we'll do for River on his 5th. I've always heard that Chucky Cheese may not be the best choice, but it sounds like you guys had a great experience. Sounds like you are very blessed with your family.
ReplyDelete